Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rest At The Inn?

It has been quite some time since I have updated my this blog. I apologize. I do my best to upload a new post on a weekly basis, but I am tired. My job is one that keeps me working long hours as well as six days a week. The only day that I get off is Saturday, which I try to do my best and work on writing something for you all, but I need a day of rest. For as much as I love writing, it does take some work to be able to put something out there for people to read. I do the same thing in video games too.

The thing about video games, especially these days, is that the characters that we control are all but invincible. They can go anywhere, and do anything within the game world, and barely get a chance to sit down, but that's okay because they just down a health potion and get right back at it. I think that I try to do this, but with coffee instead. In games, I just stock up on potions and various other quick fixes so that I can continue on. I feel somewhat defeated if I have to retreat back to a town to rest up my character. Yet, there is something extremely comforting about finding an inn at a town. After traveling through the wilds of any RPG you're bound to take a few hits on your way to the next town. When find out there's a way to heal your characters to full HP and restore all of their mana for a cheap price, you put down that money so fast the inn keeper doesn't have time to finish his line.

There is no defeat in this. It is okay to rest and relax. That is part of the journey. We are not invincible, and neither are our video game counterparts. I'd rather see the screen fade to black knowing that my characters are getting some rest, rather than see the words "Game Over" show up.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am by no means done here. There are many more articles and writings to come, but I need you to know that I am working hard both on this blog, at my job, and a few other ventures that I am very excited to work on. So, take some time to remember to rest. It might seem like nothing is getting done, but it will do a world of good for you.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Apparently, there's some great life lessons to be found in video games. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete